What you need for the course
Making Library Makers is a practical course with various hands-on projects you can complete throughout.
The main electronics project is a paper circuit with the following components that you can get from local or online electronics shops.
- 5 * LEDs
- Copper tape (or conductive ink)
- 2 * 3V Coin cell batteries
To complete all of the electronics projects, you will also need these additional components (or just select the ones for the projects you're most interested in).
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 2 or 3
- Power supply, keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- NOOBS for Raspberry Pi (mini SD card with adapter)
- Uno board
- Solderless breadboard
- Photo Resistor/Light Dependent Resistor (LDR)
- Male to Male Jumper Wires
- Resistors (1 * 10K and 1 * 220 resistor)
If you have any questions about the components, just get in touch. We're happy to answer any questions and help you find the right parts locally.
You also have the option to purchase a kit with your course.